IPad App Support

In case of any problem, whatever the nature, we are here to help!

Re: IPad App Support

Postby Gilles » 03 December 2014, 14:39

Acererak, I found what is causing your savegame bug.
I think it's because you're playing a multiplayer game before loading the save, and the system does not reset the IA to play correctly when loading the savegame. The issue should be fixed in the next version.

I think there are 2 workaround possible in the meantime, either :
* Restart the game before loading your solo save.
* Start any solo mode scenario using the portal, then go back to the portal and load your savegame.

Keep me informed if those workarounds are working.
And thanks for the feedback too.

Rangykoo, experience and grade are not saved online at the moment.
Also, I think experience and grade are not cumulative (doing a scenario again from save or from start won't give you full experience again, it's the top score of each scenario that is used to compute your experience and grade). But I'm not sure about this... someone else from the team may be able to explain this system better than I...
Gilles
Lead Programmer
Wars and Battles
Gilles

Postby MiniSoff » 03 December 2014, 14:49

Yes, only the best score for each mode (solo/multi) and each side (Allies/Axis)!
Sophie Remy
Product Owner - Senior Programmer
Wars and Battles
MiniSoff

Postby Acererak » 03 December 2014, 15:10

Gilles wrote:Acererak, I found what is causing your savegame bug.
I think it's because you're playing a multiplayer game before loading the save, and the system does not reset the IA to play correctly when loading the savegame. The issue should be fixed in the next version.

* Start any solo mode scenario using the portal, then go back to the portal and load your savegame.

Yes, that sounds like a very probable cause, since I am constantly going back and forth between multiplayer and solo games. And I actually started having this issue when I started playing multiplayer (I completed the Allied Campaign before that and never had that issue during the whole campaign). Sounds like bug cornered!

Regarding your two suggestions to solve it before patch, where or what is that "portal" exactly?

Glad to be of help!
Acererak

Postby Gilles » 03 December 2014, 15:30

Hello,
Sorry for the confusion, we are calling "portal" the main menu screen where you can find all battle displayed.
Gilles
Lead Programmer
Wars and Battles
Gilles

Postby Dgold99 » 03 December 2014, 19:15

Problem with the Cherbourg scenario, with latest patch, as Allies.

When I attack one of the Cherbourg hexes with air support of the land attack (not a separate bombardment mission), the map zooms out to a tiny screen while the aircraft attack animation occurs. When this finishes, the map stays tiny and I cannot zoom on the units which I wish to advance after combat.
In one case, the game froze - I had to quit to restore the usual zoomable map size.

Could you fix this, so that after the aircraft attack animations (if you need to make the map temporarily tiny to show the whole animation), the map is auto-restored to the usual zoomable large map.

Great game!

Thanks
DG
Dgold99

Postby Acererak » 04 December 2014, 00:45

Gilles wrote:Acererak, I found what is causing your savegame bug.

Both workarounds definitely work. The bug is clear, it happens when reloading a solo game after a multiplayer game.
Acererak

Postby Rangykoo » 04 December 2014, 07:22

Gilles wrote:Rangykoo, experience and grade are not saved online at the moment.
Also, I think experience and grade are not cumulative (doing a scenario again from save or from start won't give you full experience again, it's the top score of each scenario that is used to compute your experience and grade). But I'm not sure about this... someone else from the team may be able to explain this system better than I...

I understand that; my concern is that under "details" in the journal, it says that the earlier scenarios have not been played and no score is recorded. When I complete another scenario my grade and score are started from zero again. This indicates to me that my progress is not even stored on my iPad.
If I leave the game running in the background and return to it later it's fine. It's only when game is closed down that score etc is lost, even though, on the map, they are ticked ✅ as having been played.
Rangykoo

Postby Gilles » 04 December 2014, 09:21

That sounds very bad...
I wonder if you're the only one experiencing this problem, or if almost everyone's score don't save correctly.
If it's the first case, I think your profil save must have been corrupted one way or another, do you have to create a new profile again each time you are launching the app?

Deleting and reinstalling the app may fix your profil but you will lose all progress since profiles are not clouded yet.
I will see what I can find on my side but score, grade and experience saving should work correctly in your version...
Gilles
Lead Programmer
Wars and Battles
Gilles

Postby Rangykoo » 04 December 2014, 13:00

Gilles wrote:That sounds very bad...
I wonder if you're the only one expecting this problem, or if almost everyone's score don't save correctly.
If it's the first case, I think your profil save must have been corrupted one way or another, do you have to create a new profile again each time you are launching the app?

Deleting and reinstalling the app may fix your profil but you will lose all progress since profiles are not clouded yet.
I will see what I can find on my side but score, grade and experience saving should work correctly in your version...

I don't have create a new profile but I do need to log in every time I launch the app. I have deleted and reinstalled the app between when it was first released, 20th November, and its re-release, 27th November. I may try setting up a new profile and see if that is any better, or even delete and reinstall again.
Rangykoo

Postby Stevie02 » 04 December 2014, 18:48

I posted my problem on the Normandy 44 forum. Basically, my profile is not saving. When I close down my ipad I have to restart again from mission 1, privatE1. Even when I try to log on using username I'm not recognised. All my settings, sound, 2D get reset to original.
Stevie02

PreviousNext

Return to Online Support