IPad App Support

In case of any problem, whatever the nature, we are here to help!

Re: IPad App Support

Postby Gilles » 28 November 2014, 09:28

Hello Jakse,
Thanks for liking the game, we are working on fixing those last bugs.
As for crashes, this is mainly due to the game heavy memory usage, we already improved it and a new version will be available in the future (but this may take some time since we need to push it on apple servers, and pass the validation process of the app - 2/4 weeks)
In general, on iOS, you could try to improve things a bit by closing other apps that are on background and that you are not using. I hope this workaround will help.

Cheers,
Gilles
Lead Programmer
Wars and Battles
Gilles

Great Game But Gamebreak bug...

Postby Rommelheim » 28 November 2014, 09:29

playing the historical campaign as germans, around turn 30, one allied armor is isolated/out of supply, finish my impulse as german, pass the turn to the allied AI, it surrender two infantry divisions with very heavy air and artillery support, then the bug...

the engine keep making noise of armor moving, but it stands at a continuos loop of no end (my only hope is the development team can address the bug and / or already know it) i just want to continue the campaign.

tried to restart and reset the ipad, is ios 8.1, tried to change settings to view in 2d the allied turn for no success, the bug always comes out,

as said in title, and aside the bug i are loving the game, is just great, and very accurate in historical units names and units' factors and strenght,
, just hope the development team can solve this soon, if allowed, want to continue the campaign after patch.

thanks for the great game and please keep up the goood work,

also cannot wait for the gettysburg module, and would love to see a waterloo campaign 1815 module,

best regards.
Rommelheim

Postby Gilles » 28 November 2014, 09:47

Hello Rommelheim,
Thanks for reporting the bug, we will look into it, I suspect this has to do with supply cut and units surrendering.
I suggest you make a save of your current campaign playthrough, so you don't lose your progress.
You can access save menu in the option menu but you will have to create an in-game account.
Next step will be to try to do something different during your turn (maybe if you manage to destroy the unit or let her be supplied) and hope the AI turn get unstuck.
I'm really sorry not being able to provide more help.

Cheers,
Gilles
Lead Programmer
Wars and Battles
Gilles

Re: Thanks for the fast repply

Postby Rommelheim » 28 November 2014, 09:54

best greetings, is what i wa thinking to do, a savegame and keep it until fix comes live, the unit without supply is just that turn and is armor, not sure about surrender troops to be the bug, as allied armor advance after combat but yes, just after that the bug comes, i will keep a savegame in case i are allowed to use it later, again thanks for the fast repply and info/advice, keep up the good work, is a very good game, also played some base scenarios and one or two advanced scenarios without problems, still have to make the registered account, and will be great to play with people online,

best regards and thanks for the fast repply.

Edit... cannot re-do the turn or change nothing as i spent already all impulse energy.
Rommelheim

Postby Lhonster » 29 November 2014, 13:42

I just wanted to echo the same errors as others have reported:
On an iPad2 with other background programs shut down....
- every mission I have played has bombed out of the game and then I would have to reload the auto save. One time I lost all my progress. In the last mission I tried, the third one as the Canadian trying to take the 3 hex C city. On this scenario it bombed out 4 times in the first turn.....and now I'll wait for the patch before trying anymore.

- I also experienced the stacking help window covering the cancel and attack buttons during a bombardment action, and so I couldn't do anything to go forward or backup.

Suggestions: + it would be nice if the future re-enforcements would be shown in the journal.
+ the cost to unlock the extra missions should be listed somewhere before you are making the purchase and also it not clear that there is one IAP that unlocks the other two pieces (I just read that here on the forum).
+ it would be great if a person could send a bug report as email from the app.....I find this much easier and so I am willing to fire off more bug reports. Needing to create log-ins and coming out to a forum, just takes too long, and I hate to have logins and passwords for each game. (Also for some reason, when I was trying to login from my iPad, it actually took 4 login attempts before it allowed me in). With this current set up, I think this will be my last entry.

Otherwise, the game seems pretty nice. I look forward to the next patch so that I can try it some more. I really like your overall app concept, and hope it works out for you.....and us.

Lhonster
Lhonster

Playing both sides?

Postby Stmcla » 29 November 2014, 19:48

HI

I bought the game yesterday and it was working well, I like the game, but now if I start a game as the axis after a couple of turns I find that the AI has stopped working and now I'm playing both sides. Should I reinstall? Or is this a bug fix?

Thanks
Stmcla

Postby MesaDon » 30 November 2014, 08:05

Same problem here with destroyed units staying on board when using 2D (glad the 2D is there). Using iPad 2. Have had no crashes yet. Game looks very good.
MesaDon

Postby Lhonster » 30 November 2014, 13:25

Some further feedback. With 3D view set I could not get through a game without bombing, but I just tried with 2D and was able to play the whole 3rd allied mission. So it seems the 3D is causing the memory problems that I mentioned earlier.

Another thing that would be nice if we could see what things effect combat and how without having to load the whole manual. Maybe you could load a small combat effects cheat sheet from the menu or some place similar. In this last mission I was getting a "special unit" die addition, but couldn't think of, or see any special units.

+1 to the request for showing which units belong to the same division without needing to check each individually.

Thanks for your work.
Lhonster

Postby Ryan926 » 30 November 2014, 21:50

Great game, but I have several issues.
On the salient of domfront in the campaign, it consistently crashes on me. I have had no other issues in single player except the issue others have mentioned: on the 2-d map, sometimes destroyed units do not leave.
Multiplayer: I am playing a defense in depth campaign game against someone else, and it does not let me pass. The waiting circles( can't think of any better way to describe them) just stay there and it does not send the turn to the other player. It worked the first turn, so I have no clue why it is doing it. I also have another multiplayer match where we are on turn 4 with no problems.
Finally, what is the next scenario going to be and when in 2015 will it come?
Ryan926

Postby Gilles » 30 November 2014, 22:47

Hello guys,

I'm sorry for those problems and thank you for your patience.
We have several fixes ready for those issues (Tutorial bug, 2D unit death visual bug and improved memory usage) but those will only be available in a future version.

When the game get stuck on IA turn or in a multiplayer game, it's most likely the game rule engine crashed. Reinstalling the game won't fix the issue, but doing a different turn may unstuck it.

Ryan if you could PM me your account e-mail and your opponent name I will try to look into it. (by reproducing the issue on our test server)

Next battle should be October War.

Cheers,
Gilles
Lead Programmer
Wars and Battles
Gilles

PreviousNext

Return to Online Support