IPad App Support

In case of any problem, whatever the nature, we are here to help!

IPad App Support

Postby MiniSoff » 06 October 2014, 08:18

Hi ! If you have any problem with the iPad application, let us know!
Sophie Remy
Product Owner - Senior Programmer
Wars and Battles
MiniSoff

Re: IPad App Support

Postby Rangykoo » 20 November 2014, 05:12

A manual or a guide would be nice.
This game is full of bugs. Can't get passed fifth turn in scenario 3, keeps locking up.
Rangykoo

Postby Alyan » 20 November 2014, 13:59

Hello Rangykoo,
Can you please give us more details about your problem with the third scenario, for example :

- What camp ( Axis or Allies) are you playing ?
- When do the crash occur ? At the beginning of the turn ? When you do a specific action ?
- What is the exact form of the bug ? ( Black out, freeze, crash)

Any information can help us find a solution. Rest assured that we will do what we can to resolve the problem.

Have a nice day.
Quentin Vasseur
QA Tester
Wars and Battles
Alyan

Postby bob. » 20 November 2014, 17:20

Visual bugs that I hope will be fixed, for 2D mode (I don't like the 3D mode, so I play exclusively 2D):

- Units are not always correctly greyed out after fighting
- Destroyed units often stay visible

Had one crash, played about two hours in one sitting. Playing on iPad Mini Retina.
bob.

Postby Rangykoo » 21 November 2014, 02:35

Playing allies, taking optional objective. During turn a hint box pops up, about stacking I think. This covers the attack or cancel button. I am unable to pan the map at this stage and have to close the game.
Also, in 3D, when a unit "explodes" there is a large black area surrounding the explosion.
I would use 2D but I find the hexes are too large and a lot of screen real estate is wasted. I have great hopes for this game.
Rangykoo

Postby Alyan » 21 November 2014, 14:56

Rangykoo :

- We know the bug, it will be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can bypass it by stacking a unit with another before attacking, this way the tutorial will not appear again.
- Can you be more specific about this black area ? Does it stay long ? Does it look like a tower of smoke ?
- We preferred to use smaller tiles for our units so you can see clearly on which type of hex you stand, it will become more important as you advance in the game.

Thanks for your support, I hope that you will have great fun with Wars and Battles :)

bob :

We are currently working on this bug, it will be fixed as soon as we can.

Thanks for warning us about it, I hope you're enjoying the game !
Quentin Vasseur
QA Tester
Wars and Battles
Alyan

Postby MiniSoff » 21 November 2014, 16:22

Hi guys!

Some precisions for you:

As Alyan said, for the stacking tutorial, you can stack units before bombing. It'll be fixed in next update.
For display mode you can set it to 2D in your preferences (menu > user preferences). We are working on it but bugs occurs mainly when switching between 2D and 3D.
For crashes, the application has been optimized in the next update and we're still working on it

Thanks again and have fun!
Sophie Remy
Product Owner - Senior Programmer
Wars and Battles
MiniSoff

Postby Rangykoo » 25 November 2014, 06:34

Thanks for response. Good to know the bugs are being addressed. In regard to the black around the explosions; it is only present during the explosion animation, almost as if the explosive effect is smaller than the area allowed for it, if that makes sense.
Rangykoo

Postby thedudeabidez » 27 November 2014, 16:47

Same problem. Playing 2D destroyed units often remain on the map, don't disappear.

Looks like a good game though!
thedudeabidez

Postby Jakse » 27 November 2014, 22:34

On my iPad 2, I get pretty regular crashes between turns or while loading scenarios. I've also had the dead unit 2D bug and the stacking message bug. I hope the crashes get fixed because this game is really, really fun.
Jakse

Next

Return to Online Support